Here are some very effective methods for removing stains and small scratches on the furniture:
– Water stains on furniture disappear by rubbing with toothpaste. On stubborn stains add some baking soda. Then polish with a soft cloth.
– Wax candles should be softened first with a hair dryer, and then absorbed with paper towels. Finally wipe with vinegar.
– Traces of pressing wood are removed by placing a damp cloth on them. After a few hours, the traces should disappear.
– Traces of glass left on wooden tables are removed with a mixture of 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and a little cigarette ash.
– The color and texture of walnut wood are better valorized when furniture is treated occasionally with milk.
– Spots on the treated wood are removed with this old home remedy: 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons white petrolatum oil of turpentine. Mix ingredients with a fork in a small bowl. Pour a few drops of solution on a soft cloth and rub gently the spot.
– Mahogany wood should be washed first with soap and water, using a soft brush, then wipe with a dry cloth. But if stained, you need a special solution: 100 ml alcohol, 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons red wine. First rub well with alcohol stains, then wipe with a dry cloth seats quickly. Mix oil with wine and polish the treated areas.
– This substance can be used to remove stains, but also to impart a new gloss for surfaces: 300 ml linseed oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Add salt to the oil and mix very well. Pour a little on rag wool and rub the furniture. Then wipe with a clean cloth.
– When the oak is dusty and smears, there is a very simple solution: beer. But if the surface became rough in time you should apply the following solution: 1 tablespoon beeswax, 300 ml beer and 2 tablespoons sugar. Melt the wax in a bain-marie. Allow to cool slightly, but be careful not to harden. Add sugar and beer. Apply on furniture with a soft bristle brush and let it dry. Then, rub well with a woolen cloth.