The garbage disposal is often ignored because it is the most difficult to clean due to necessary maintenance. Well, you won’t forget about it no more when you see these highly effective DIY solutions. Not to mention, these will make your job easier because it will help you to clean the garbage disposal quickly. Thus, keep reading and check out these 2 easy DIY homemade cleaning recipes that will make your kitchen smell good.
First off, it is very important to clean the garbage disposal. It creates an environment for food particles build-up that leads to smelly bacteria which is no good for the kitchen. Furthermore, if you think it will take you forever to clean, well, here you have the good news. It only takes a few minutes. These 2 DIY solutions will make things easier. Hence, try them out every month and maintain your garbage disposal smelling fresh.
1. DIY homemade garbage disposal bombs
This is perfect for cleaning because you can make them once and then store them indefinitely. They are similar to the toilet bombs, make only with natural ingredients.
Thus, here are the ingredients you will need to make these homemade natural little bombs:
– 1 1/2 cups baking soda
– 1 tsp dishwashing liquid
– 2 tsp sea salt
– 20-50 drops of citrus essential oils
– 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup water
Check out the instructions:
1. Mix the first three ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Then, you can add the citrus essential oils. If you have other favorite essential oils, you can use those. I chose citrus due to its beautiful and fresh smell.
3. Next, simply add water slowly until the mixture starts sticking without being too wet.
4. Remember, you could use more essential oils which means you won’t need to add more water. This is good if you happen to add too much water accidentally.
5. Moreover, if you think it is too runny, you could also add more baking soda until you get a paste texture consistency.
6. Then, make some balls with your hands and put them on a sheet of wax paper so they can dry overnight. The next morning, they will be firm and ready to use.
7. Lastly, make sure you store them in an airtight container.
How exactly can you use these to clean your garbage disposal?
Well, simply put 2 or 3 little bombs down in the garbage disposal and then add some cool water. Next, turn on the garbage disposal for about 30 seconds. This will basically clean it entirely, removing any bad odors.
Furthermore, you could also disinfect it with the following homemade solution.
2. DIY homemade disinfectant with vinegar and citrus cubes
These little cubes will cut the work for you because you can make them once and then keep them in the freezer. For these, you will need the following ingredients:
– citrus peels from oranges, lemons, limes
– and some citrus juice
You can easily make these cubes by placing 6 small pieces of citrus peels into an ice cube tray. Then, all you have to do is fill them up with vinegar. Moreover, make sure to leave a little space for the citrus juice too. Hence, add the juice and then put the trays in the freezer until solid.
Now, how to use these fresh cubes? All you have to do is place some of them down the garbage disposal. Then, run the water and turn on the disposal until the ice cubes have melted.
The vinegar will disinfect your garbage disposal properly while the citrus peels will leave an incredible fresh scent in your entire kitchen.