We are in the middle of the summer and flies and mosquitoes give us for some time, big trouble. Before going to the store and buy sprays or insect traps, recommended is to try some natural remedies. They are often just as effective and, moreover, they are not toxic. Read this article to learn how to get rid of flies!
How to get rid of flies with cinnamon or cucumber?
1. Lemon – Cut four slices of lemon, and put them at the boil for one hour in 250 ml of water. Add water as needed, cooled solution, filter it and sprayed it in the rooms.
2. Basil – Put bunches of basil in the windows or buying potted basil on the window sill to sit on. You can also try other herbs such as rosemary or wormwood.
3. Essential oils – oils of lavender, eucalyptus, mint, or lemon can be mixed with water, and the solution – sprayed in the room. The smell will drive away flies and prevent them.
4. Vinegar – To get rid of flies in the kitchen, put a few drops of vinegar on a hot plate or a hot pan. Avoiding emissions will drive away the flies in the room.
5. Cucumber – Put trash next few slices of cucumber to prevent flies laying eggs. Slices of cucumber flap away from rooms that are put in a bowl and allowed to take effect overnight.
6. White Wine – Mix in a bowl with a little white wine and let dishwashing detergent container on the table. The flies will be attracted by the smell fruity and shall overflow solution.
7. Cinnamon – flies smell of cinnamon does not support that can be prepared as a solution of one teaspoon cinnamon and one liter of water which was sprayed into a room. You can leave cinnamon powder in a bowl on the table or use cinnamon sticks.
Flies do not stand garlic and walnut leaves
8. Leaves of walnut – Put in a glass or stainless steel bowl several walnut leaves and give them fire. Walk into every room of the house and let the smoke to spread. It will flavor rooms but will chase mosquitoes due to the high concentration of iodine. If you do not want to burn, put leaves in a bowl and leave them in the rooms of your home.
9. Aromatic plants – Plant pots in the window thyme, basil, and fennel. Mosquitoes do not like the smell of these herbs.
10. Essential oils – aromatherapy lamp put in a few drops of essential oil of mint, cedar, eucalyptus. The flavors will keep mosquitoes away from your home.
11. Geraniums – Put the windows of your home potted geraniums. These, besides being very beautiful, keep away mosquitoes.
12. Lavender – Lavender has a very pleasant smell and soothing, but held bouquets in glass in the sun, will discourage insects from entering the house.
13. Mint – Both flies and mosquitoes not the odor of mint. So buy one or two potted mints and put them on the ledge rooms in your home.
14. Rosemary – Keep the plant in the kitchen and whisk. If you put in rooms potted rosemary, you will not have mosquitoes.
15. Garlic – crush some garlic cloves and put them in a bowl. Put the container on the nightstand next to the bed or if the smell bothers you, keep it on the table. In the chamber, you will not have any mosquito.
16. Catnip – This plant, which is also known as peppermint, cat, keep mosquitoes away by it releases the essential oil. It seems that this plant is more powerful than any spray you find commercially.
17. Cloves – Put a bag of cloves in a spice bowl and leave to work in the bedroom for several days. You can also be sprayed into the air of a solution of aromatic essential oil of clove, lemon juice, and water.
Simple homemade recipe on how to get rid of flies
Ingredients: 250 ml grain spirit (you find in the supermarket or in stores that sell natural products) or vodka, 30 drops of essential oils – lavender, lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree, rosemary), a spray container. If you do not want to use alcohol, you can substitute vegetable oil (olive is the most recommended). If you choose this option, you need two teaspoons of oil. The last ingredient is a teaspoon of aloe vera gel or juice of aloe vera leaves.
Preparation: Mix the ingredients well, and the solution was poured into a spray bottle.
Usage: Spray the solution on the skin in the evening before going to bed or before leaving the house, avoiding eye contact.
Image Credits: ThoughtCo.