The hated insects in the urban environment, little cockroaches, have actually environmental benefits as it helps to break down organic materials. However, each of us thinks about how to get rid of cockroaches if our home is visited regularly or permanently by them.
If “how to get rid of cockroaches” is one of the questions on your mind, you should know that you have several options by which you can ensure that these unwanted insects will not visit you anytime soon.
Cockroaches are among the most disgusting and most annoying household pests. The reasons why they are accommodated without being invited in apartments are ranging from negligence to leave food on the table or in different parts accessible from the kitchen, to the garbage bin that exists in the block, representing a real invitation for bugs kitchen and other pests, such as rodents.
How to get rid of cockroaches? Here are the things you need to know to win the fight against them:
• The appearance: Cockroaches can enter your home through various ways outside through cracks and crevices, vents, sewer and drain pipes. You can even bring it to your house along with products such as shopping bags, boxes, bags or clothes!
• The ideal environment: your home is an ideal breeding place for some species harmful bugs. With plenty of food, warmth, shelter or water, they can survive all year round.
• Reproduction: Cockroaches reproduce quickly. For every cockroach you see, there may be much more hiding and multiplying behind the walls of your house.
• Evasion: Because cockroaches are usually nocturnal; if you saw one is likely to not be seen all. Those few bugs that you see during the day are proof that they were forced to go outside because of overcrowded; This is a possible sign of severe infestation.
• Allergy / Asthma: Remains of old leather beetles, dead bodies and droppings can aggravate allergies, especially in children and sensitive people.
• The inefficient method is to deal with the problem alone: the cockroaches from the kitchen are much better at hiding than you are at finding them and their eggs are naturally protected against many insecticides sold in stores. Without the help of special equipment, materials, and experience, the process of removing bugs can be a failure.
How to get rid of cockroaches
1. Clean your house!
Perhaps the simplest answer to the question “how to get rid of cockroaches” is cleanliness. Even if you think you can not get rid of them so simple, you can try to aspire to a great house with a vacuum cleaner with the disposable bag. Areas must insist are kitchen and bathroom, door and spaces between the tiles or tiles that are damaged and missing special kit that supports them. Such a method may be the simplest solution to get rid of cockroaches as insects and ensures the removal both of their eggs.
2. Use smoke bombs
Smoke bombs are a form of pest control of pesticide which releases a mist in the air. These substances can kill pests but often fail due to dispersion in the air to penetrate into the cracks where bugs are hiding.
3. Use special gels
Perhaps the best trap that helps to get rid of cockroaches is the special gels. They contain an active ingredient that kills insects after they eat of it. A disadvantage of this method is that these substances are dried quickly enough, and if not caught cockroaches to eat it while the gel is soft, will not be affected and will not die. This substance has no effect on beetle eggs.
4. The boronic acid
When a cockroach will pass through an area treated with boric acid, the dust will stick to his feet, and at the time will see to it that the dust will swallow. It is necessary, however, for this method to be effective and the extermination to be a success, that the cockroaches contact and consume this substance.
Image Credits: National Pesticide Information Center