My friend is a mechanical engineer and he spends most of his time in the garage, repairing cars all day long. This means a real dirty job! He smells like gasoline and his hands look terrible and most of his clothes are full of gasoline stains. His girlfriend lost hope that will have a neat boyfriend! Lol! However, she still struggles to clean his clothes and remove those gasoline stains and smell. No wonder she succeeded! Perseverance is the key in everything!
As a matter of fact, Mona founded a solution that removes gasoline stains and odor quickly. It seems that gasoline stains aren’t the worst stains to remove after all!
Very important facts when dealing with gasoline stains:
- Dry cleaning chemicals will interact with gasoline and it’s safer to avoid it
- Don’t use a home dry cleaning kit
- Sometimes it’s better to clean the stains to a professional dry cleaner
- Don’t dry the clothes in the dryer until the stain is completely gone
- If gasoline stains are still present it might ignite in the dryer
So, this being said, let’s see Mona’s safe way in removing gasoline stains and odor!
Things You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- Dawn dish detergent
- Paper towels
- Soaking basin
- Soft-bristle brush
Steps you need to take to remove the gasoline stain:
- Well, well, well! First of all you have to blot the stain with paper towels to remove any excess gasoline. Dispose them in a safe area!
- Next step is to pour 2 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap to remove greasy and oily stains such as gasoline. Use a soft-bristle brush to rub gently the stain then let it sit for 5 minutes. After those 5 minutes, place the garment in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Most of the time the stain will still be visible on the clothing item and in this concern you can mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water and rub the paste directly onto the stain. Let it air dry and then you can brush the baking soda off the clothing. You can repeat this process until is completely gone.
- In case there is a light smell of gasoline left, you can soak the garment in equal parts of vinegar and water for 30 minutes.