The summer sun starts hiding between the clouds already and there’s no need to protect your face with hats or visors. As a matter of fact I’m pretty sure you’ve thrown these worn and dingy hats somewhere around the house, thinking you won’t need them until the next warm season. Yeah, most people do this instead of cleaning them first.
Most hats and baseball caps get real dirty and sweaty on the inside and if you won’t clean them periodically those sweat stains will get impregnated into the fabric. Hence, it will make your favorite hat or visor look worn and grubby. That dirt will be difficult to remove just by washing it in the washer. You will some magic tricks to restore the aspect of your favorite baseball cap.
Well, you are on the right page, reading the right article, because I found the perfect magic solution to clean and remove that dirt off your hats and visors.
Before applying any of the below methods you must check the baseball cap tag to see the washing instructions.
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of mild dish soap
- Latex gloves
Ok, now let’s start!
- The first step is to put the baseball cap in a small basin.
- Then, mix the lemon juice with warm water and pour the solution over the sweat stains.
- Let the cap sit there for 4 hours then remove it and rinse with warm water.
- The next step is to apply mild dish soap on a damp cloth and start rubbing the remaining sweat stains from the baseball cap. You will see how dirt will be transferred on the damp cloth.
- When the cap will get dirt-free, rinse it well with water and let it air dry.
Of course, there’s another effective solution which you can use to get rid of stains on hats, especially on white hats.
- Dissolve 2 aspirins in a half a cup of water. Apply the mixture to the stain liberally and allow it to set for at least two hours. Add a few drops of a gentle laundry detergent and scrub with a toothbrush.
Rinse with warm water and let it air dry.