Wood furniture, floors or window sills are very common in most houses and is one of the most durable options a home can have. Beside the stylish look, wood adds a pinch of personality to every home, especially when it comes to hard wood flooring.
In order to maintain that glamorous aspect of wood, you should use special wood care products to extend its life. I often compare wood texture with skin tissue – both needs to be moisturized in depth to prevent dryness.
On the market are plenty of wood care products, but most of them are rich in chemicals and if you are against chemicals as I am, you will probably refuse using them. Yeah, you can call me hippie, but I try to avoid as much as I can toxicity regardless its forms. Seriously now, why spending a fortune on chemical cleaners when I can prepare my own with the same effects but cheaper?
As a matter of fact, I found the perfect wood cleaner and restorer recipe that will protect the wooden texture.
Needed Ingredients and Items:
- Spray bottle or jar
- White Vinegar
- Olive Oil
For daily use:
- Mix 1 cup water and 1 cup vinegar in spray bottle/jar and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix well. Spray directly on surface or rag and rub clean.
- Make sure to occasionally shake your solution because as we all know: oil and water/vinegar separate!
For occasional use (when you want to restore old wooden furniture):
- Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar with 3 tablespoons olive oil in a jar. Mix well.
- Dip a rag into the solution and then polish and restore your wood.
- This makes a very small patch so multiply it as needed.
- I have found that I usually do not need very much of this recipe when I’m restoring my wood which is why I made the recipe such a small batch.